The full 5 minute Iron Man 2 Comic-con footage has leaked online. In it we see the full court room scene, our first look at War Machine, Whiplash’s electro-whips, Scarlett Johansson as The Black Widow and much more. It matches perfectly the descriptions we’ve read about from SDCC.
Jon Favreau premiered the first Iron Man 2 footage at this years Comic Con. Many descriptions have appeared online, I’ve included two in-depth descriptions in the full post and summarized below.
- The footage opens in the giant donut and a conversation between Tony Stark and Nick Fury — Stark doesn’t want to join the team.
– It then cuts to a courtroom scene that sees the government attempting to strip Stark of his Iron Man suit
– Rhodey enters to testify against Stark.
– Whiplash is out to get Tony as revenge for the Stark families’ atrocities, explained by a voiceover whilst Rourke constructs a suit of his own.
– There’s a quick shot of Black Widow in action and then Whiplash flicking his two great electro-whips.
– Justin Hammer (Sam Rockwell) is now seen, talking about Iron Man suit modifications “firepower” — retrofitting guns and armor. Rhodey says he’ll take it.
– Then there’s a quick shot of the complete War Machine suit.
Spoiler TV have posted details of a new Iron Man 2 casting call, outlining the need for Mongolian Gangsters, Russian Guards and Hot Brunettes. The “Male” role is intriguing, very little detail is provided, /Film speculate the very slight possibility that this could be the recently vacated Rourke role — rumored to be Whiplash, as well as the “Hot Brunette” being Black Widow — although the chance of this is very slim.
In terms of the plot it looks like Russia, France and Mongolia may all have their place in the sequel.