Transformers 2 selling out
Hundreds of tomorrow night’s midnight show times for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (debuting June 24 at 12:01 a.m.) are already sold out across the country. A few facts from Fandango below:
* Sold-out midnight show times (on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning) can be found all across the U.S.A., in cities such as New York, San Francisco, Washington, D.C., Chicago, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Albuquerque, Denver, Houston, Nashville, Orlando, Colorado Springs, Tulsa, Fresno and Buford, Georgia.
* Exhibitors are continuing to add 3:45 a.m. or 4:00 a.m. show times on Wednesday morning to meet the fan demand.
* Currently, the film is selling twice as many tickets on Fandango as the original Transformers sold at the same point in that film’s sales cycle (two days before release date).
* The movie currently represents 87% of today’s ticket sales
* And as we noted yesterday, TF 2 showings at 500+ theaters in China are sold out 1.5 weeks in advanced.
Time in Moscow
Back from Moscow. Fresh from a visit to the former KGB, with second in command. He told me in his office I’m one of 10 American’s, one being a President, to ever be allowed inside what is now called the FSB. The only reason was he heard I was in town and he is a fan of my films.
Last night with my crew I saw the IMAX version. Once you get used to the giant format and your eyes adjust, it’s an awesome experience. I have been waiting until the film was final to judge, and I’m really pleased. You have to make a point to see it this way — It could be the very best way to see Transformers.
C’mon guys critics? Give me a break. Do you all have short term memory? They killed the first one, and it still became a world-wide smash. I made this for the you, the audience!